The main function of the role is to efficiently plan FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) and Internal fibre optic cabling routes (FTTH / MDU’s). This role would be suitable for an experienced Fibre Optic Planner / Surveyor with a strong background in fibre optic networks (such as PON, GFAST, Gigabit, etc).
Candidates will need to demonstrate an understanding of Fibre Planning / Network Design in Residential or business environments. Openreach experience is preferable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning Fibre Company with fantastic prospects.
• Dealing directly with the end client managing expectations and dealing with any issues (wayleaves, re-routes, timescales)
• Understanding and Surveying existing Fibre Optic Network infrastructure including ducts and potentials for upgrades
• Surveying Fibre Routes through buildings and MDUs
• Planning civils works for FTTP where required
• Network Design and Capacity Planning
• Creating “Job Packs” to pass back to the client for engineering works to be carried out
• Using various design software packages such as GIS, Visio, CAD to create professional job packs