Building upon the experience and expertise that has seen Instalcom become one of the largest and most trusted utility companies in the UK we are proud to be part of the largest rail infrastructure upgrade works for over 150 years. We strive to be the contractor of choice for our clients and actively seek out innovative solutions to meet the demands of a busy rail network. Transparent and ethical we pride ourselves on being proactive with a ‘can do’ attitude and a ‘right first time’ mind set leading to efficient working practices with associated cost savings. Privately owned and with strong leadership Instalcom believe nothing is so important that it cannot be achieved safely. A diverse workforce contributes to a mature safety culture supported by a full time team of safety professionals ensuring the safety, health and wellbeing of our people remains a priority.
Instalcom holds the Principle Contractors Licence (PCL) and provides a competent service offering in power, telecoms, civils and structures, and has led the market in the provision of energy and communication solutions for over 20 years specialising in the installation, termination and testing of cable networks, both trackside, within stations, depots and the public highway. Our dynamic rail team has extensive experience as both contractor and client having worked on some of the largest rail infrastructure projects in the last 30 years. Our aim is to provide the client with a single point of contact for the duration and close out of the project. This lean approach allows change to be assessed and managed quickly thereby mitigating potentially costly delays.
Instalcom rail sector capabilities include;
• Project management and planning
• Feasibility and design services
• Thrust boring and pipe jacking
• Cable installation, jointing, splicing, terminating and testing on power and telecom systems
• Trough and post and rail routes
• Building works – piling and foundations
• Operational walkways and platforms
• Culvert, subways and UTX installations
• Equipment support services
• Trenchless solutions using Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) techniques
• Electrification services, including civils, structures, earthing and bonding
Here is our Rail Capability Statement – Click to open
Here are some of our case studies